I have a unique post for today – I have pictures to share from my weekend craft retreat this past weekend, plus a pretty project that I made while I was gone! Here is the winter birthday card I made using our limited time only Snowflake Showcase products. Let’s talk about the weekend retreat first, and then we’ll revisit this card!
So last Thursday, I got everything packed and ready to head to the retreat Friday morning. On Friday I loaded the food in a cooler, packed a few last minute items, and off we went! We were headed for Kirkmont Camp in Zanefield, Ohio. When I left my house, there was no snow on the ground. When I arrived at the camp, it looked like this!! What a good weekend to stay inside and craft!
Here’s a picture of the back part of the Croft House where we stay. Using this drive, we are able to unload on the lower level where we do our crafting. Then we can drive around to the upper level and unload items for the kitchen and sleeping rooms.
By Friday evening, everyone had arrived and unpacked. Here are the girls having fun and getting lots of work done!
A major part of these weekend events is food…here’s the snack table!
And this was dinner on Friday night…salad, baked penne, garlic bread, and two dessert options – pumpkin roll and chocolate cake! I must say, we eat very well throughout the weekend.
Here’s my plate. I was trying to start out the weekend on a healthier note by loading my plate with more salad than penne. Please ignore the Pepsi!
And this is why we were there…crafting! Here’s one of Kristy’s adorable scrapbook pages. I was amazed at how many pages, cards, treat holders, and other projects got completed during the weekend. Amazing work ladies!
These pictures show a little about the event, but weekend retreats are so much more than what I’ve shown here. They’re time to get away, spend time with old friends, make new ones, laugh, cry sometimes, and share stories about life. I’ve made amazing relationships with people who come to my events and I wouldn’t trade this for anything!
Would you like to know when I’m planning future events? Make sure to subscribe to my newsletter to receive updates on events. I also have a really exciting opportunity coming in January for those of you who like to go away for the weekend to craft with friends. Make sure you’re on my list to find out when I make my big announcement!!!
Ok, now let’s look at one of the projects I made during the weekend in preparation for a card class I’m hosting tonight. This is such a pretty winter birthday card featuring the Snowfall thinlits and Snow is Glistening stamp set.
This card wasn’t difficult to make, but here are a couple of tricks…
- I stamped the snowflakes on the left and right sides first. I used a piece of scrap paper to mask the inner part of the card. Then in order to stamp the dots on the center part of the card, I used scrap paper to mask the outer edges which I had already stamped.
- The strips of glimmer paper were white to begin. I colored them with Gorgeous Grape ink and an aqua painter, then dried them with a heat tool. When you’re adding color to glimmer paper with an aqua painter, make sure to add plenty of ink because the color fades when it dries.
Here’s the inside! These snowflake stamps are to die for!
Here is the Snow is Glistening stamp set that I used.
And here is the Snowfall Thinlits set. Both of these products are available while supplies last, and not later than November 30. Order now!
Thanks for visiting! Subscribe to my blog to make sure you don’t miss future projects!
- Please use hostess code 2794VXDR when you order.
- Check out my current Project in the Mail, Christmas Traditions!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
Order the products I used and make this card yourself!