Have you ever used embossing paste on cards? It’s a medium that truly creates unique results. It adds so much texture, and it really is simple to use. Today I’m kicking embossing paste up a notch by using it along with embossing folders. The results are stunning!
Embossing Paste + Embossing Folders Video
Watch along here to see how to use this technique on your card projects.
Using Embossing Paste With Embossing Folders
Here’s how to try this technique yourself. Keep in mind the paste can dry quickly, so from the time you spread it on the cardstock until you remove the cardstock from the folder, keep moving to avoid the paste drying on the embossing folder.
1. (optional) Blend color into your embossing paste with ink refills, a palette knife, and your silicone craft sheet.
2. Spread a thin layer of paste over cardstock. The more you use, the more will ooze out from the embossing folder when you crank it through your machine.
3. Lay cardstock inside an embossing folder.
4. Close the embossing folder and lay it between layers of scrap paper. The paper is really important to keep extra paste from oozing out into your machine.
5. Crank through your embossing machine using the correct plates.
6. Remove cardstock from the embossing folder.
7. Immediately clean the embossing folder with a small scrub brush, or place it in a bowl of water to clean later.
Let the cardstock dry, then use strong adhesive like Tear & Tape or Seal+ to attach it to your project, since these pieces can be thick and warped slightly.
I finished today’s cards with the Fond of Autumn bundle, which is such a neat set.
I hope you’ll try this technique! The results are just beautiful!
Here are the supplies I used to create these cards.Product List
Learn To Make Cards
Join My Amazing Team
Thanks for visiting to see these lovely cards made with embossing paste and embossing folders!
Thank you for the very helpful tips for using Embossing paste with an Embossing folder. Great to know more about the products.
You’re very welcome Pamelia!