Turkey Day is almost here! Countdown is just two days until we stuff ourselves with wonderful things like turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, green beans, cranberry salad, rolls, pumpkin pie, pecan pie…ok, I’m drooling. I’m excited if you can’t tell. Not only is the food pretty exciting, it’s always good to spend time with family. I will be enjoying lots of family time since I have gatherings on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! I might need to go on a diet after four days of feasting! If you’re hosting, I’m sure you’re already preparing for the big meal, and I wanted to share some adorable DIY Thanksgiving turkey table decoration ideas if you still need some interest to add to your table. Here they are, gobble gobble!
Aren’t these fun?! Let’s get right into how I made them. I used some of our Clear Tiny Treat Boxes as the base for the turkeys. I filled them with candy, then wrapped each box with Soft Suede cardstock. As shown in the picture below, I cut a piece of 2″ x 8 1/2″ cardstock and scored it at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″.
Next I wrapped the cardstock around each box (make sure the treats are already inside), and attached it with some Tear & Tape or other strong adhesive.
Here is the recipe for creating the turkey:
- Body – Pretty Label Punch
- Head – 1 1/4″ Circle Punch
- Eyes – 1/8″ (brown) and 1/4″(white) circle punches
- Feathers – Leaf Punch and County Lane designer series paper
- Beak and Wattle – Fox Builder Punch – cut these pieces in half.
I sponged the edges of the turkey’s body with Soft Suede ink, then assembled all the pieces. When I glued the eyes together, my Take Your Pick tool came in extremely handy! That little sticky tip is awesome for picking up small pieces that my fingers can’t work with!
Here are those cute little guys all assembled. I added a Nature’s Twine bow and the ‘Blessed’ greeting using the Thoughtful Banners stamp set and the Classic Label Punch.
I hope you have a wonderful Turkey Day with delicious food and good time with family! Subscribe to my blog to make sure you don’t miss future projects!
- Please use hostess code 2794VXDR when you order.
- Check out my current Project in the Mail, Christmas Traditions!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
Order the products I used and make this project yourself!