Hey everyone, thanks for stopping in! We are already to Day 10 of my 12 Days of Handmade Gift Ideas…it’s hard to believe! Christmas is rapidly approaching and it’s time to get those gifts made or bought, wrapped, and ready! I actually made a handful of today’s gift for a group of very special people, and I want to share the idea with you!
I made this sampler to fit into an 8″x 8″ shadow box. The blackberry bliss background cardstock measured 8″ x 8″ and the crumb cake on top of it measured 7″ x 7″. Coming up with the measurements for each small rectangle was challenging, so I want to share them with you:
- Top left: 2″ x 2″ mat, 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ designer paper
- Top right: 2″ x 4″ mat, 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ designer paper
- Middle left: 2″ x 1″ mat, 1 3/4″ x 3/4″ designer paper
- Middle: 2″ x 3″ mat, 1 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ designer paper
- Middle right: 1″ x 2″ mat, 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ designer paper
- Bottom left: 2″ x 4″ mat, 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ designer paper
- Bottom right: 3″ x 2″ mat, 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ designer paper
All of the designer paper on the sampler is from the Frosted Floral specialty designer paper pack. You can’t see in these photos, but the entire paper surface has a beautiful glistening sheen. It’s some of the prettiest paper I have ever seen!
I’ll do my best to explain how to make each square. Below the ‘you are wonderful’ stamp is from the Rooted in Nature set. I cut it out with the Stitched Shapes framelits and cut a blackberry bliss mat using the Layering Ovals thinlits. I made the flower using the Pop of Petals stamp set and Four Petal Flower punch.
The lovely leaf below was cut with the Detailed Leaves die set. The stamp was from the Rooted in Nature set. I punched it with the 1 1/4″ circle punch and matted it with a 1 3/8″ scallop circle punch of silver glimmer paper.
The ‘Live Laugh Love’ stamp below is from the Beautiful You stamp set.
See those little black flowers? They are from the Detailed Deer thinlits set. The beautiful stamp on the right below is from the Flourish Filigree stamp set, and I topped it off with a clear faceted gem.
Last but not least, another gorgeous leaf from the Detailed Leaves thinlits set.
Here she is in all her glory! I just love this! I hope the recipients of my sampler shadow boxes love them too!
Please make me your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!
- Please use hostess code 2794VXDR when you order. With an order of $50+, you’ll receive links for the card tutorials shown below plus dozens more!
- Check out my current Project in the Mail, Christmas Traditions!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
Use the links below to order and make this project yourself!