If you’re looking for handmade gift ideas, you have come to the right place! Today is my third day of DIY gift ideas, and I’ll have nine more to share in the coming days! On Days 1 and 2 I shared a decorated treat jar and card set, and today’s project is a gorgeous religious wall hanging featuring dragonflies. Here it is!
I absolutely love how this piece of wall art turned out. I had a hard time deciding how many of them to make because there are so many people I would love to give them to, and I have to keep one for myself!
Here are some tips on how to make this:
- The background of the piece measures 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. I used a double layer of thick vanilla cardstock to make it fairly sturdy. I stamped the background with the Hardwood background stamp and Sahara Sand ink.
- For the ‘wood strips’ at the top and bottom, I cut pieces of 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ paper from the Wood Textures paper pack. I attached these on top of chipboard (the cardboard that comes in our designer paper packs) cut the same size. This popped it up a little to add both dimension and sturdiness.
- I attached the lace in between the vanilla cardstock and ‘wood strips’ using Tear & Tape adhesive.
- The dragonflies were cut using the Detailed Dragonfly thinlits. I used three different papers – Wood Textures, Gold Foil, and Gold Glimmer. I attached the dragonflies to the background using Multipurpose Glue in the centers of their bodies only, so that the wings could be curled upwards.
- I stamped the words using the Hold On To Hope stamp set and Early Espresso ink. I used a circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits to cut it out, then matted it with Gold Glimmer paper cut with a Layering Circles Framelit.
Who can you think of who could use a little inspiration and motivation? This would be a fantastic gift for them!
Thanks for stopping in! Subscribe to my blog to make sure you don’t miss the rest of my handmade gift ideas!
Please make me your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!
- Please use hostess code 2794VXDR when you order.
- Check out my current Project in the Mail, Christmas Traditions!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
Order the products I used and make this project yourself!