We’ve made it to day 7 of my ‘7 days of Holiday Catalog Sneak Peeks!’ I hope you’ve enjoyed these cards, made with some amazing new products in this year’s catalog. I have one more card to finish out this week, and it is my favorite of the bunch. It’s a watercolor card made with our new ‘watercolor effect’ stamp set entitled ‘Every Good Wish.’
This card is a bit ‘off the wall’ for me, but different is good, right? I knew I wanted to take the watercolor-looking stamp and do a watercolor card with it, I just wasn’t sure how at first. Here’s how I ended up making it:
- Stamp and emboss the ‘Be Merry’ stamp from the Every Good Wish stamp set onto watercolor paper using Versamark ink and white embossing powder
- Sponge small patches of Pool Party, Lemon Lime Twist, and Garden Green across the paper.
- Spritz a few times with water in a Stampin’ Spritzer until the colors start to bleed. Let dry or speed drying with a heat tool.
- Wet your hand and flick water onto the paper. Let sit for 10 seconds, then soak up droplets with a paper towel. This creates the lighter colored splotches.
I matted the watercolor piece with an Old Olive print from our Foil Frenzy paper pack. I’m trying to find a lot of ways to use this paper, because it’s amazing! Kraft brown + bright foils = splendid. Below is another project I made with the Foil Frenzy paper.
Back to the watercolor card…I hope you enjoyed this project. I would love to make an entire set of these. There’s another stamp in the Every Good Wish set that says, “Peace, Love, and Joy,” and it would make nice watercolor cards as well. The best thing about this type of card is that each is special and unique.
My seven days of Holiday Catalog sneak peeks have come to an end, but don’t stop coming to visit! I have lots more fun coming, and of course more Holiday Catalog sneak peeks, but I’ll give you a break for a few days and show non-holiday ideas!
Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Please use hostess code KNMVSRKE when you order.
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.