Hi friends! Thanks for joining me in my happy place. Question — Who has a bin specifically designated for paper scraps? (I’m raising my hand high over here) Well, if you raised your hand too, you’re not alone. I cannot stand to see all my beautiful designer papers go to waste, so I hoard them in their own little (or big) bin. Below, I’ll show you how to make pieced scrap cards using some of my Stampin Up designer paper scraps to make beautiful and elegant cards. Take a look!
What’s A Pieced Scrap Card?
Making a pieced scrap card is a #simplestamping technique that uses scrap pieces of Designer Series Paper (DSP) or cardstock to make beautiful and fun cards. It allows you to use up scrap pieces of paper you may have laying around from other projects you’ve done. The pieced scrap card technique helps eliminate the waste of all your beautiful paper by making even more cards and projects from them.
How to Make Scrap Cards
Scrap cards are a pretty easy technique, that’s why they’re part of the #simplestamping movement which I am loving. There are many different ways you can make scrap cards, so let’s talk about one of them.
You’ll need narrow strips of cardstock or designer papers for this technique. You can find some strips or trim your scraps into narrow pieces.
Next, glue the strips onto a larger piece of paper. You can do this horizontally, vertically, or on a diagonal like I did below. Once the strips are attached, trim off the edges in line with the paper you attached them to.
Now you have one large fun piece covered in strips. You can cut this piece down into smaller pieces to attach to your projects. Here you can see how I cut down the large piece into smaller pieces.
Here is how I used them on some simple cards.
In the video below, you’ll see that I also used black and white strips for some scrap cards. Here are the cards I created from that sample in the video.
I’m loving these scrap cards!!! I need to make some more!
Check out my video below introducing this technique. I’ll show you how to glue the scraps down as well as different ways you can cut them to make fun patterns.
Scrap Card Video
Click on the video to watch me create the sampler piece for these fun scrap cards.
- 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Card Base
- Stamp Sets – I used, Happiest of Birthdays, Sweet Ice Cream and Ornate Thanks
- Paper to adhere paper scraps to
- Strips of DSP or Cardstock of your choice (I used True Love DSP and Ice Cream Corner DSP)
- Adhesive – I used Multipurpose Glue
There are so many creative ways to use paper scraps, hopefully I got the wheels turning inside your mind to get creative with your scraps!
Don’t Miss Out
Please make me your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and order from me using the product links at the bottom! Earn the free gifts shown below when you order using the current host code: JGJR9MZD. PLUS, with your first order, you’ll receive free catalogs in your thank you package!
Shopping during Sale–a–bration comes with many benefits!
- For every $50 that you order, choose a free gift from the Sale–a–bration brochure. Order $100 and choose two items (or one of the special items only available with a $100 order)! Order $150 and choose three free items plus regular hostess benefits!
- Host a party with over $300 in sales and you will get the exclusive Punch Party stamp set for free!
- Sign up with Stampin’ Up! and choose $125 of products for just $99! In addition, you will receive free shipping, extra goodies from Stampin Up and FIVE full packs of 6″x6″ designer paper! What an amazing offer! I signed up during Sale–a–bration seven years ago. Best decision ever!
Order Products to make this Project Yourself:
You Might Also Like: