Hi everyone! Welcome to this month’s One Stamp At a Time Blog Hop. Our theme this month is Throwback Thursday. I love the idea behind this – to take a favorite old project and use it as inspiration for a new one. I chose to recreate an old favorite watercolor card using the new Stampin’ Up! Night in Bethlehem stamp set and Bethlehem Edgelits dies.
First, here is the card I used for inspiration. I made it using our Sleigh Ride edgelits a couple of years ago. It might be my absolute favorite card I had ever made…until now.
Here is my updated project!
I made this card and framed art using our new Stampin’ Up! Night in Bethlehem stamp set and Bethlehem Edgelits dies. Aren’t they gorgeous?!
I made the watercolor background by inking an acrylic block with 3 colors of ink, spritzing it with water, placing it directly onto the watercolor paper, removing the block, and then sprinkling salt on the surface. As the paper dries, the salt pulls some of the color out, which leaves the splotchy background. I have a tutorial video below to show you exactly how to make it!
On my original card, I had used plain white cardstock for the die cuts. This time I just had to use Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. It’s so much prettier in person than the pictures show.
I love the card so much that I wanted to make a piece of framed art to set out as a Christmas decoration. I might make a few more to use as gifts as well!
Check out my video showing how to make this beautiful card with the Stampin’ Up! Night in Bethlehem stamp set and Bethlehem edgelits dies!
Thanks for visiting! Please sign up for my blog updates to see more great project ideas! Then click below to continue on and see what Rose has to share with us!
Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Please use hostess code RRNYAW7M when you order.
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.
Order the products I used and make these projects yourself!
Here’s who is hopping along this month!
- Elizabeth Jeanne – http://craftsbyhappystamper.com/2017/09/14/osat-throwback-thursday-hop/
- Jenny Hall – https://www.jennystampsup.com/2017/09/14/osat-blog-hop-throwback-card/
- Kelly Acheson – http://astampabove.typepad.com/my-blog/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Anna Smith – https://www.scrappingstampingandstuff.com/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday/
- Rose Grunewald – https://countrycardsbyrose.blogspot.com/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Maria Willis – https://cardbomb.blogspot.com/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Melissa Davies – https://rubberfunatics.blogspot.com/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Jennifer Hill – https://wp.me/p72MWS-cg
- Sue Plote – https://thispinkrooster.blogspot.com/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Jessie Holton – http://www.jessieholton.com/2017/09/14b.html
- Rick Adkins – http://wp.me/p2AuXD-4cG
- Dena Rekow – http://www.thecreativitycave.com/my_weblog/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Renee Ondrajka – https://stampinwithrenee.blogspot.com/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Tina Rackley Riddle – http://www.tinascropshop.com/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Lori Mueller — http://www.stampindreams.com/my-blog/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday-in-september.html
- Pam Staples – https://wp.me/p3p2VA-1XN
- Jeanna Bohanon – http://www.stamptimesomewhere.com/stamp_time_somewhere/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Marisa Gunn – http://dzinesbymeg.typepad.com/dzines_by_meg/2017/09/osat-blog-hop-throwback-thursday.html
- Justin Krieger – http://wp.me/p5dZez-6w7
- Andrea Tracy-Tucker – https://onestampinmothertucker.blogspot.com/2017/09/osat-throwback-thursday-blog-hop.html