Make sure you have liked my Facebook page because I’m offering giveaways ALL WEEK LONG!
Like I said, I’m going to highlight one group of our amazing products – punches. Our punches truly are the best. They are well made, and they work well for years and years. I’ve been stamping hot and heavy for about 5 years now and my old punches work just as well as the new ones. I also love that they fold flat for storage because when you start collecting lots of crafting stuff, space becomes important (but I don’t have to tell you that, right???). So…here’s the cute unicorn card I made using a few of our punches.
I made this for my niece who turned 6 years old recently. She had a unicorn party (or was supposed to until she got sick), so it inspired me to make a unicorn card. I don’t know why unicorns have become so darn popular but they are cute!
Here are the punches I used to create my punch art unicorn.
- Lemon Builder Punch – Punch lemon from white cardstock and the longer leaf out of gold foil paper
- Bow Builder Punch – Punch 2 of the shorter piece from white and 2 from gold
- Fox Builder Punch – Punch 3 tails from different colors
For the ears, trim the end of the bow pieces to a point.
Next attach the gold on top of the white.
Use a black permanent marker to draw swirls on the horn, trim the bottoms of ears to be rounded, and attach the mane pieces together.
Attach one ear behind the head.
Then add the mane and horn.
Place the other ear on top, and draw on the eye. Done!
This was pretty simple, and I thought it looked great paired with the large happy birthday die cut that I made with our Happy Birthday Thinlits. I also used Twinkle Twinkle designer paper and some Petal Pink Rhinestone Gems.
What do you think? If you try making a unicorn card, send me a pic! I would love to see it!
Subscribe to my blog to make sure you don’t miss future projects!
- Please use hostess code T9WUP6FB when you order.
- Check out my current Project in the Mail, Christmas Traditions!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
Order these awesome tools on sale today!