I love when my mind gets working creatively and I think of new and different ways of using products. Today’s card is the result of just that. I have been dreaming up ways of using our new embossing paste because I’m planning to do a video titled something like ’10 Ways to Use Embossing Paste.’ During my dreaming, it occurred to me that maybe I could stamp imprints into it! I tried it, and it worked! Today’s fall card features stamped embossing paste using the Colorful Seasons stamp set.
Here’s how I did the stamped embossing paste part of the card (if you prefer videos over reading, scroll down a bit!):
- Spread a somewhat thick layer of embossing paste onto a 3 x 5 1/2″ piece of white cardstock
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes to become less tacky
- Stamp it repeatedly with the leaf stamp from the Colorful Seasons stamp set
- Immediately scrub off your stamp with warm, soapy water and an old toothbrush (*disclaimer – I don’t know if stamps should be used with embossing paste. That’s why I made sure to clean it really well afterwards!)
- Let paste dry
- Watercolor the leaves using an Aqua Painter and Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, and Peekaboo Peach inks
Here is a close up to see the texture.
And here is a video to show you how to make this card!
I can’t wait to try this technique with another stamp set. If you try it, please share what you create!
Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Please use hostess code KNMVSRKE when you order.
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.
Order the products I used and make this card yourself!