I hear often that many of you love to learn new techniques. That’s what I’m sharing today…I decided to play with embossing folders and share techniques you can use with them. I created the lovely cards below, and you can see exactly how to make them in today’s video. Hopefully you can learn something new to inspire you!
Embossing Techniques Video
Watch along here!
Whimsical Woodland Card
To create this card, do the following…
1. Emboss Shimmery White cardstock with the Whimsical Woodland embossing folder.
2. Use an embossing buddy over the surface of the cardstock.
3. Use a Versamark ink pad, turned upside down, and very carefully apply it to the cardstock. You want the ink to come in contact with the raised portions, but not the lower areas.
4. Sprinkle embossing powder over the cardstock. Shake off excess.
5. Use a brush to remove powder that is sticking to areas you don’t want it.
6. Use a heat tool to heat set the powder.
7. I didn’t get great coverage my first time, so I repeated steps 3-6 and it looked much better.
8. Use a water painter and several colors of ink to add color to the trees.
9. Add Snowfall Accents Puff Paint to the right side of some of the trees, and heat set it with a heat tool. It takes longer to heat set this paint than to heat set embossing powder, so be patient!
10. Finish the card with then Jingle Jingle Jingle stamp set, Polished Pink ribbon, and adhesive backed stars.
Leaf Fall Card
To create this card…
1. Emboss watercolor paper with the Leaf Fall embossing folder.
2. Complete steps 2-6 mentioned in the section above.
3. Use a water brush to apply ink to the background. Add more water to soften colors and help them blend.
4. Let dry.
5. Finish the card with the Hello Harvest stamp set, Label Me Fancy punch, and gold ribbons.
Learn more about the following with these links:
See and order supplies using the links below!Product List
Thanks for visiting to see these fun embossing folder techniques!