I’m interested to know – what’s the weather like where you’re at? Here in Ohio, it is crazy! Yesterday it was 65 degrees! I really needed to clean my house, but I spent most of the day outside because it was so nice out. Has the weather been strange in your area as well? Regardless, let’s move on to today’s project. I made this scrapbook page using our gorgeous new Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and coordinating Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. Aren’t these flying creatures lovely?
As you can see, I cut the dragonflies out of copper foil sheets. There’s a trick to getting them to look nice when they’re done. If you cut them as usual, you’ll probably get lines and imperfections pressed into the foil from your Big Shot cutting pads. To avoid this, layer the following from the bottom to top when preparing to cut the dragonflies on the Big Shot:
- Cutting pad
- Scrap piece of thin paper, such as designer or printer paper
- Foil sheet, foil side down
- Dragonfly die
- Cutting pad
The thin paper provides a barrier between your (probably) rough cutting pads and the foil, to keep it looking smooth and beautiful.
There are so many things you can do with these dragonflies. I didn’t use the dragonfly stamps for this project, but they are equally or possibly even more beautiful than the ones I die cut for this project.
Have a wonderful day! Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Use hostess code Z6N33NZN and I will send you a free gift!
- Earn a free Sale-a-bration item with every $50 you order!
- Sign up with Stampin’ Up! during Sale-a-bration and get a bonus of any two stamp sets for FREE!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- Any purchase of $150 or more will earn you hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.
Order the products I used and make this card yourself!