How was your weekend? I hope you had a good one. My weekend didn’t go quite as planned. Yesterday we had to make a doctor visit (yes, we can see a doctor on Sunday), and I found out my daughter has Strep Throat 🙁 I’m wondering if I’m coming down with it too. Boo! Can I blame this on our crazy Ohio weather? Thirty degrees and snowing one day and 60 degrees the next seems to bring out the illnesses. Anyway, on to today’s project… I have a class for beginning stampers this week, and the card I’m sharing today is one that we are making. I used the super-easy block stamping technique to make it.
First, I’ll explain the block stamping technique. The rectangular Crumb Cake areas behind the flowers were stamped with a clear acrylic block. I inked the block directly on the ink pad, then placed the block on the white cardstock and ‘stamped.’ Is it called stamping when there’s not actually a stamp involved? I’ll let you ponder that one. Anyway, if you try this, you’ll want to make sure to use a Stampin’ Pierce mat underneath when you’re stamping. The block doesn’t have any ‘give,’ so placing the mat underneath will make sure you get an even stamp.
The pretty flowers are from the Fresh Fruit stamp set. I used a combination of Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry inks. The gold ribbon across the bottom can be earned free right now during Sale-a-bration with any $50 order! If you’re not into ribbon, there are many other great free item choices too – stamp sets, paper packs, kits, and more!
Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Use hostess code H3N6K46A and I will send you a free gift!
- Earn a free Sale-a-bration item from flyer 1 or flyer 2 with every $50 you order!
- Sign up with Stampin’ Up! during Sale-a-bration and get a bonus of any two stamp sets for FREE!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- Any purchase of $150 or more will earn you hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.
Order the products I used and make this card yourself!