Today is day three of Mother’s Day card ideas! I’ll have one more tomorrow, but I hope you don’t wait until then to throw something together! Here is today’s Amazingly Amazing Butterfly Card.
A few notes about how I made this:
- I sponged ink onto part of the Something Lacy stamp (instead of inking it directly on the ink pad) and then stamped the background of the card. This created the faded effect of the lacy design.
- I used the Stampin’ Spritzer with Calypso Coral ink and alcohol mixed, and spritzed over the background of the card.
- I frayed the edges of the burlap ribbon before attaching it to the card.
- I stamped ‘You are amazingly amazing’ from the Painted Petals stamp set using Calypso Coral ink on Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. Then I embossed it using the Fun Frames embossing folder. I cut it out by hand- no we don’t have a die to coordinate with this one!
- I stamped the butterflies from the Something Eclectic stamp set using Gold Encore ink on Calypso Coral cardstock, then I punched them out using the Bitty Butterfly and Elegant Butterfly punches.
The retiring products I used for this project are Gold Encore ink (one of my favorites!) and Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. Have fun creating!