How many times have you been frustrated by trying to attach vellum to a project without the adhesive showing through to the front side? You’re not alone, I think we’ve all been there. Since I discovered the trick that I’m going to share today, it is almost always the way I adhere vellum when I can’t hide the adhesive behind another element of my project. Since I’m sharing card making tricks all week long, I definitely wanted to share this trick, so let’s talk about it!
How To Adhere Vellum Invisibly Video
Watch along here for all the details, or keep reading!
Here’s what you’ll need to use this handy trick to attach vellum without the adhesive showing through:
- Silicone Craft Sheet
- Multipurpose Glue
How To Adhere Vellum Invisibly – Step By Step
1. Put a small amount of glue onto the corner of the silicone craft sheet.
2. Swirl the sponge into the glue to give a thin coating of glue on the sponge.
3. Lay the vellum on the silicone craft sheet.
4. Dab the sponge all over the vellum, while holding the vellum in place with your other hand so it doesn’t shift.
5. Place vellum on your project and press down.
Below you can see the results of how the vellum looks over a few different types of paper. Over the light colored cardstock, light designer paper, and dark designer paper, you can’t see the glue at all. Over the dark cardstock you can see some tiny speckles where the glue was thicker on the sponge. Overall, I’m totally happy with this trick and I hope it helps you as well!
Here are links to the supplies I used.Product List
Thanks for visiting to see this fantastic trick to adhere vellum invisibly!