Hi everyone! Welcome to my cardmaking and scrapbooking blog. I’m so glad you stopped in. Today I have an elegant gold wedding card idea to share with you. Keep reading and I’ll explain how I made it!
In Stampin’ Up’s Holiday Catalog, which was released last week, we now have metallic inks in gold, silver and copper!! I absolutely love the effect these inks add to projects, and wanted to try using the ink for a complete background. Here’s what I did:
- I started with a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2″ card base using Very Vanilla thick cardstock and folded it in half.
- I ran my Embossing Buddly all over the front of the card, then stamped the medallions using Versamark ink. I sprinkled clear embossing powder across the front, shook the excess off, then used a heat tool to set the powder.
- Next I used a sponge and the Golden Glitz Delicata Ink to sponge ink across the entire front using a swirling motion. When I was done I used a tissue to remove excess ink.
- I stamped and embossed the greeting using gold embossing powder, and cut the small piece of gold foil behind the greeting using Be Mine Stitched Dies.
- A couple of gold pearls made nice finishing touches! Links for all of these products are at the bottom!
I called this a wedding card, but it would be perfect for an anniversary too, especially the ‘golden anniversary’ for those amazing couples who make it 50 years together!
I want to try this using our silver and copper inks too, but I ran out of time! Soon hopefully!
Please make me your Stampin’ Up! demonstrator!
- With your first order, you’ll receive a FREE annual catalog from me! Seasonal catalogs are also mailed to regular customers.
- Please use hostess code GJNKWZVN when you order.
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- When you order $150 or more, you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Check out my current Project in the Mail, Pressed Petals (shown below)!
Order the products I used and make this project yourself!