It’s official – the Christmas season is upon us! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you ate some delicious food. For the next week or two, I will be sharing quite a few Christmas card ideas with you. It’s time to get those cards made, addressed, and in the mail! Today, I have a Christmas shaker card that I made with our Large Letters dies. I thought it turned out really cute. I also have information about our ongoing Online Extravaganza sale, so keep on reading!
This is one of my favorite types of cards – very simple and very cute! Here is the order of operations for making the card front:
- Emboss a piece of 4″ x 5 1/4″ Real Red cardstock.
- Prepare a 1 1/2″ strip of peppermint paper from the Candy Cane Lane paper pack, by punching each end with the Triple Banner Punch. Then attach to the red cardstock.
- Cut out the letters J, O, and Y using the Large Letters Framelits and the Big Shot.
- Emboss the cardstock using the Softly Falling embossing folder.
- Attach a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Window Sheet behind the red cardstock. Then attach the center of the O back to the front of the Window Sheet in the proper place.
- Use Foam Adhesive strips to attach to an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Whisper White Thick cardstock, that has been folded in half. Don’t forget to put sequins inside!
The greeting on the inside of the card, shown below, is from the Tin of Tags stamp set. I love the stamps in this set – they’re so cheerful!
Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Use hostess code VPNDERW4 during the month of November and I will send you a free gift!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- Any purchase of $150 or more will earn you hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.
Order the products I used and make this card yourself!