It’s a buzzing bee card today! One of my coworkers’ birthdays was this week, and she loves bees. I grabbed my Pun Intended stamp set, one available exclusively for hostesses, and got to work crafting this hive!
I used the Hexagons embossing folder to make the background ‘hive.’ It was absolutely perfect!
To give you a little background on the ‘love of bees’ that my coworker has, I work at the local Soil and Water Conservation District. Have you ever heard of SWCD offices? If not, you probably have one and don’t even know it. We work with local people to promote conservation of natural resources. We help property owners do conservation projects on their land, and we offer a lot of education and outreach programs, which are mostly my responsibility.
Back to the bees…many of you are probably aware that pollinators (mainly bees and butterflies), have declined greatly in numbers in recent years. It’s a big concern for many reasons, one of which being that about 1 out of every 3 bites of food we eat needs these creatures to be produced. Are you interested in learning what you can do to help the bees and butterflies survive and thrive? Here are a number of resources to get you started!
Getting back to the card, my little buddy helper really wanted to help, so she got to color the bees on the inside of the card.
That’s all for today! Please shop with me and combine these offers to get great deals!
- Use hostess code H3N6K46A and I will send you a free gift!
- Earn a free Sale-a-bration item from flyer 1 or flyer 2 with every $50 you order!
- Sign up with Stampin’ Up! during Sale-a-bration and get a bonus of any two stamp sets for FREE!
- Keep track of your Stampin’ Rewards and earn free stamps from me!
- Any purchase of $150 or more will earn you hostess credit through Stampin’ Up!
- Join online stamp club and get free products and projects.
Order the products I used and make this card yourself!